Shrimp Pad Thai for Two Recipe
You can make this yummy Thai classic in no time. Find fish sauce and chili garlic sauce in the Asian foods aisle of your grocery store. —Elise Ray, Shawnee, Kansas
- 2 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set. Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and peanuts; heat through.
- 3. Return shrimp to the pan; heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 341 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Pad Thai for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC