- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Orzo with Feta
"Didn't add the cikantro and liked it, but it seemed to need something. May try adding basil if I make it again."
"A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay."
"I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland."
"Love this fast meal! I substituted parmesan for feta and about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal."
"Love the light flavor and textures in this dish. Served it to company and caught one licking his bowl. Lol!"
"A keeper. Hubby said we could serve this to company, even suggested doing it for a neighbor's birthday mid-August. East, very tasty!"
""It's a keeper!" That was my husband's assessment after his third helping of this deliciously flavorful recipe!I had to make a couple of tweaks due to what I had on-hand (or rather, didn't have!). I used acini de pepe instead of the orzo which gave the dish a great texture and I used lime juice instead of lemon juice because it's what I had in the kitchen.It was fast and incredibly easy to prepare, and I have a feeling this meatless meal will be making a regular appearance on our menu rotation!"