- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Orzo with Feta
"Delicious and easy to make"
"I can't get the stars to work right, they seem to limit me to only 3 stars, but I thought that this recipe was better than that. I followed the recipe exactly and my son, who is 39, really liked it a lot."
"Didn't add the cikantro and liked it, but it seemed to need something. May try adding basil if I make it again."
"A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay."
"I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland."
"Love this fast meal! I substituted parmesan for feta and about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal."
"Love the light flavor and textures in this dish. Served it to company and caught one licking his bowl. Lol!"