- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Orzo with Feta
"I can't get the stars to work right, they seem to limit me to only 3 stars, but I thought that this recipe was better than that. I followed the recipe exactly and my son, who is 39, really liked it a lot."
"Didn't add the cikantro and liked it, but it seemed to need something. May try adding basil if I make it again."
"A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay."
"I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland."
"Love this fast meal! I substituted parmesan for feta and about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal."
"Love the light flavor and textures in this dish. Served it to company and caught one licking his bowl. Lol!"
"A keeper. Hubby said we could serve this to company, even suggested doing it for a neighbor's birthday mid-August. East, very tasty!"