Shrimp on the Grill
This is my favorite recipe for grilled shrimp. The mild flavor of the marinade works equally well with cod or haddock.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 30 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Hot cooked rice
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process for 1-2 minutes.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and vegetables, leaving a small space between pieces. Place in a shallow glass container. Pour oil mixture over kabobs; cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender. Combine butter and dill; baste over skewers. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 541 calories, 52g fat (12g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp on the Grill in Country June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.