Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs, about 6 inches long
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Soak rosemary sprigs in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, coconut, pepper flakes and minced rosemary; set aside 1/4 cup for sauce.
- Thread shrimp onto rosemary sprigs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting occasionally with remaining marmalade mixture. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 20, 2010
A few modifications. I pulled most of the rosemary off the stems and just left the ends. That gave a hint on rosemary and the shrimp is not damaged. For the sauce, I put the marmalade in the microwave for 40 seconds which gave it a spreading consistency. If I made this again, I would cover the grill with the new foil meant for grilling and not sticking. The flavor was wonderful and that is why I'm giving it 4 stars. With the modifications, 5 stars.
Jul 5, 2010
This made a huge mess on my grill. The sauce was too thick but had good flavor. I would not make this again but would however make the sauce for something else.
Jun 29, 2010
The flavor of the shrimp was excellent but the rosemary skewers were a little too much. I would definitely use the marinade again, but probably on a regular skewer.
Jun 14, 2010
I thought this recipe was good. A little extra sweet, which was fine with me. Maybe next time I'll add a dash of soy just to even out the taste a little bit. I will be making this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.