Flaky and tender frozen puff pastry serves as the bread for these cold shrimp sandwiches. Bake the pastry and prepare the filling a day ahead, and assemble before guests arrive. —Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut sheet into nine squares, about 3 in. Cut each square in half, forming 18 rectangles.
- Place on one prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Stir in the shrimp, carrot and bacon.
- To assemble, use a fork to split each pastry in half horizontally. Spread a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture over the bottom halves; replace tops. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.