Flaky and tender frozen puff pastry serves as the bread for these cold shrimp sandwiches. Bake the pastry and prepare the filling a day ahead, and assemble before guests arrive. —Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut sheet into nine squares, about 3 in. Cut each square in half, forming 18 rectangles.
- Place on one prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Stir in the shrimp, carrot and bacon.
- To assemble, use a fork to split each pastry in half horizontally. Spread a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture over the bottom halves; replace tops. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp and Bacon Napoleons in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.