Shrimp ‘n’ Snow Pea Wrap-Ups
—Earnestine Jackson, Beaumont, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 36)
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas (about 36)
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, ginger and garlic. Stir in shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add snow peas; cover and boil for 1 minute. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a snow pea around each shrimp; secure with a toothpick. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 64 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Pea Pod Wrap-Ups in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.