Shrimp ‘n’ Chicken Noodle Soup
Give dinner a Thai twist with this recipe from Todd Schaal of Colorado Springs, Colorado. It’s a wonderful way to dress up ramen noodles.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and mushrooms in oil. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the shrimp, rosemary and lemon-pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the broth, chicken, ramen noodles and contents of seasoning packet if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until noodles are tender. Garnish with bacon if desired.
Originally published as Thai Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007