- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute shrimp and garlic just until shrimp turn pink, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Add wine to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half; pour over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. If desired, serve over linguine. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Monterey
"I am gong to make this for company! Very yummy."
"Luxuriously delicious. Poured over Udon noodles. Mmmmmmm!"
"I read all of the reviews and tripled the liquid amounts and then added 3-4 tablespoons of 1/2 and 1/2 with some Wondra quick-mixing flour. You could use regular flour or corn starch. Next time I'm quadrupling the liquid amount. Also used a small amount of pepper flakes like you get with pizza. Terrific flavour!"
"Excellent. Peeling and deveining the shrimp weren't my favorite part but we picked up fresh shrimp at the docks while the boats came in when we were on vacation at the beach. It doesn't get much better than that."
"I made this a couple of months ago and loved it. Making it again tonight. Yummo!"
"quick fast tastes great"
"This wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped. Somehow seafood and cheese just never turns out good."