Shrimp Jalapeno Boats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 18 medium jalapeno peppers
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds. Place in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onions; spoon into jalapeno halves. Top with shrimp.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until jalapenos are tender.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 59 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
May 30, 2014
These are awesome! Brought them to a potluck event and received rave reviews and the dish was empty within 30 minutes.
Aug 9, 2012
These are good cold or hot. Most prefer hot.I use medium shrimp and chop them into halves or thirds and mix them into the cream cheese mixture. I've made these at least 5 times now and people love them. There not too hot. If you want them hotter, don't remove the seeds or membrane. We like them hot. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Apr 30, 2012
I did not really care for these at all, I think I like the breaded ones much better.
Nov 9, 2011
Made this for my husbands poker night. Rave reviews. They did not last very long. I will definitly make this again and again, so easy, so delicious.