Shrimp in Herbs
Dressed up with two types of parsley and other herbs, this rich and elegant shrimp entree makes a special weeknight meal. The recipe comes from Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in butter until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 351mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.