This delicious recipe makes the perfect amount for two. It's become one of my husband's favorites—it's lighter but still very flavorful and satisfying.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, basil and chives; cover and process until blended; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, make long thin strips from carrot. Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the carrot strips during the last minute of cooking.
- In a large skillet, saute the snow peas, mushrooms and shrimp in butter for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomato; cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain Fettuccine; toss with ricotta mixture. Add shrimp mixture and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 363 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Fettuccine in Reminisce Extra February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.