This delicious recipe makes the perfect amount for two. It's become one of my husband's favorites—it's lighter but still very flavorful and satisfying.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, basil and chives; cover and process until blended; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, make long thin strips from carrot. Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the carrot strips during the last minute of cooking.
- In a large skillet, saute the snow peas, mushrooms and shrimp in butter for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomato; cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain Fettuccine; toss with ricotta mixture. Add shrimp mixture and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 363 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Fettuccine in Reminisce Extra February 2003