Shrimp Fettuccine with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Cook: 5 min.
- 5 medium tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, basil, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil; toss lightly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; add to sauce.
- Drain fettuccine; transfer to a platter. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 543 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 10g fiber), 34g protein.
Jul 12, 2016
Healthy, attractive, and very tasty. I will definitely make this again!
Aug 5, 2015
I used store-bought fresh tomato salsa from Festival, to save time and for a recipe for 2. It was more spicy.
Jul 26, 2015
Made this with regular spaghetti and mixed heirloom tomatoes; also added a bit more garlic and a small amount of white wine. Delish!
Jul 21, 2013
I make this recipe all summer with our garden fresh tomatoes. Soooo good. I like to add a little extra garlic and some toasty bread to go with. One of our summer favs.
Aug 27, 2012
I felt it was easy and very tasty.
Jul 20, 2012
I nervously made this recipe for my meat and potatoes husband but he loved it - added a little more garlic and basil since my family loves that. I let the sauce marinate for about an hour too which I think melded the flavors wonderfully. I would definitely make it again.
Jul 18, 2012
My family did not like this recipe at all. The shrimp had no flavor because it wasn't cooked in a sauce, the fettucine was dry and cooled off quickly because the sauce is at room temperature. The next day I made an alfredo sauce to try and make this recipe more palatable.
Jul 17, 2012
No changes to his recipe...this is delicious! My husband and son really enjoyed it. I will definitely make it again.