Shrimp Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2 cup cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine broth and remaining water. Bring to a simmer; add noodles. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- 3. Drizzle beaten egg into hot soup, stirring constantly. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 241 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Egg Drop Soup
"Very tasty, but I think next time I will add a bit more soy sauce for flavor."
"It was a good soup, but I found it a little bland so I added garlic salt to taste."
"Yummy, does taste like the resteraunt. :)"
"My husband enjoyed this one. I don't care for shrimp, but I served myself a bowl before adding the shrimp at the end. It was very good."
"Very simple recipe and easily adaptable to what I had on hand. I used dry medium egg noodles from my pantry and added sliced mushrooms. Great when served with a little extra soy sauce!"