- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, milk, soups, corn, Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir in shrimp and cream cheese. Cook 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through and cheese is melted. Stir to blend. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forShrimp Chowder
"I agree with all the other reviewers, this is an AMAZING soup. I had cooked, tail-on shrimp in the freezer that I wanted to use up so I cut off the tails and chopped up the shrimp, but I didn't have two pounds worth so I added 2 cans of crab meat instead. AWESOME! I intend to make it that way all the time!"
"This is wonderful !!!! I took others advise and diced a large potato , boiled it while the onions were cooking . I added a little more creole seasoning as we like thing very spicy . I also used 1 cream of shrimp and 1 cream of potato soup . I can not brag on this enough !!!! Can't wait for another potluck dinner at our club , I will have to double or triple the recipe !!!!"
"This was so yummy! I just added more potato because we love potatoes. I will definitely keep and use this recipe. Huge hit with family."
"I have made this soup twice in the last month - my husband likes it so much he requested it again this week. I think I'll try the suggestion of adding some potatoes next time. Liked the addition of the recipe for the Creole seasoning also so I didn't have to buy something I wouldn't use all that often."
"Simple to make.warm to enjoy. Clean up simple. EXCELLENT"
"This was so easy and delicious! According to the nutritional information it has only 5 weight watcher points per serving....shocking because it tasted so rich! I will definitely make this again."
"Really good and so easy to make!!"