- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add soy sauce and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and celery in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add spinach and mixed vegetables; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Cantonese
"This is delicious, the sauce tastes just like the best chop suey."
"I have been looking for Buttered Shrimp. Do you have that receipe?"