- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Mix lime juice, vinegar, oil and adobo seasoning; stir into shrimp mixture. Refrigerate, covered, to allow flavors to blend, about 1 hour.
- To serve, gently stir in avocados. Serve over lettuce or in lettuce leaves. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Avocado Salad
"Love seafood-will try to get this salad either from a big seafood restaurant or have it made at home-though shrimps are expensive here will try to have it -thanks for recipe."
"I cut the recipe to two servings. I left out the peppers and added apples. So delicious! Thank you, Heidi, for sharing this recipe."