Shrimp Asparagus Fettuccine
Fettuccine lovers rejoice! This is a quick and healthy way to enjoy your favorite pasta. You could also use leftover chicken instead of shrimp in this versatile weeknight dinner. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus. Boil until pasta is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Drain fettuccine mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 394 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Spring Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2013