Shrimp Asparagus Fettuccine
Fettuccine lovers rejoice! This is a quick and healthy way to enjoy your favorite pasta. You could also use leftover chicken instead of shrimp in this versatile weeknight dinner. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus. Boil until pasta is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Drain fettuccine mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 394 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.