Fettuccine lovers rejoice. This is a quick and healthy way to enjoy your favorite pasta. You could also use leftover chicken instead of shrimp in this versatile weeknight dinner. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain fettuccine mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Asparagus Fettuccine in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p169