Shrimp and Vegetable Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- GREEN PEA SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the chop suey vegetables, shrimp and green onions. Stir in eggs. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Drop vegetable mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook in batches until browned on both sides, using remaining oil as needed.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and bouillon. Gradually stir in water and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas; heat through. Serve with egg foo yong.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 242 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 298mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 5, 2017
Great recipe! The only change I made was adding sliced mushrooms to the sauce, just because I felt like it. So easy and so tasty. Served over Jasmine rice and had to have seconds! Will definitely do this again!
Mar 7, 2011
Cut up some mushrooms to use instead of the shrimp--turned out delicious! Easy and low-calorie too.
Feb 8, 2011
I made this last evening for my hubby and I. YUM! The only change I made was that I used medium sized shrimp which presented nice chunks of meat. I served Jasmine rice, the rest of the peas, and egg rolls on the side. Beautiful dinner. Beautiful plate. Will definitely make this one again!