Shrimp and Pasta Supper
This skillet dish is so easy to make on those busy days, and it's delicious, too! I got the recipe at a covered-dish luncheon at my church. I liked it so much, I asked for the recipe, and I like to share it with others. Folks are surprised that it's so easy to make - but don't tell anyone!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky spaghetti sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and celery in butter until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spaghetti and pepper sauces. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain linguine. Add linguine and peas to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 491 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 965mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp and Pasta Supper in Country Extra May 1991