Shrimp and Garlic Bruchetta
My daughter brought this dish to a potluck dinner party at a professor's house. The students and professors voted and said hers was the best savory dish of the evening. Talk about a top grade! —Pamela Schofield, Melrose, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a 13x9-in. baking dish, combine tomatoes, 4 tablespoons oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir in shrimp, cheese, lemon juice, basil and parsley. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, brush baguette slices with remaining oil. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub toast with cut surface of garlic; discard garlic. Using a slotted spoon, top with shrimp mixture.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Shrimp and Garlic Bruchetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017