Shrimp and Garlic Bruchetta
My daughter brought this dish to a potluck dinner party at a professor's house. The students and professors voted and said hers was the best savory dish of the evening. Talk about a top grade! —Pamela Schofield, Melrose, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a 13x9-in. baking dish, combine tomatoes, 4 tablespoons oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir in shrimp, cheese, lemon juice, basil and parsley. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, brush baguette slices with remaining oil. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub toast with cut surface of garlic; discard garlic. Using a slotted spoon, top with shrimp mixture.
Originally published as Shrimp and Garlic Bruchetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.