Shrimp and Fontina Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Add shrimp, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with prosciutto. Set aside.
- 3. In same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add cream and fontina cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in peppers. Pour over prosciutto. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 445 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp and Fontina Casserole
"This is an easy recipe to make and it tastes wonderful. I halved the recipe because we are only two and it still was great."
"This looks amazing! I wonder if you could substitute the ham for bacon? I also would not use fontina as I don't personaly care for it. I would use a light white chedder. Thank you this wonderful recipe"