Shrimp and Feta Linguine
When the weather gets chilly, warm up friends and family with this easy-to-prepare entree from our Test Kitchen. Topped with feta cheese and laced with a hint of wine, the aroma as it simmers will make mouths water! TIP: Look for tomato paste in a tube--it's great when you just need to use a tablespoon or two, and it keeps for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 348 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.