Shrimp and Cheddar Snacks
Field editor Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington cautions, "This is an appetizer you can't stop eating!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) broken shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 42 slices snack rye bread, toasted
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, shrimp, onion and garlic powder; mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon over each slice of bread; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 159 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp and Cheddar Snacks in Taste of Home December/January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.