Shrimp and Avocado Salad
This Mexican shrimp cocktail's bright, fresh flavors and colors entice even my little ones. I like to serve it alongside a scoop of lime-cilantro rice for a light meal. —Carly Terrell, Granbury, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), tails removed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup Clamato juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- Lime wedges, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Originally published as Baja Avocados in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018