Just 30 minutes are all you’ll need to put together this simple colorful pizza. “It’s a great way to use up leftover shrimp and veggies,” attests Terri Webber of Miami, Florida.
Recommended: Our Favorite Eggplant Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1 prebaked thin Italian bread shell crust (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion, mushrooms, asparagus and garlic in oil until almost tender. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat.
- Place the crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Veggie Pizza in Light & Tasty October 2005, p6