VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 36)
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas (about 36)
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, ginger and garlic. Stir in shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add snow peas; cover and boil for 1 minute. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a snow pea around each shrimp; secure with a toothpick. Chill until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Snow Pea Wrap-Ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p40