Cole slaw mix and bottled dressing cut the prep time for this colorful and delicious salad to practically nothing! That leaves you more time to set a pretty luncheon table, pick some fresh flowers or visit with summertime guests, suggests our Test Kitchen.
Recommended: 45 Superfoods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cream puff shells
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, coleslaw mix, onion and yellow pepper. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw dressing, capers, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, spoon 1/2 cup shrimp salad into each cream puff; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Slaw Puffs in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p55