Shrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with Crispy Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small head bok choy
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. Cut off and discard root end of bok choy, leaving stalks with leaves. Cut leaves from stalks. Slice leaves; set aside. Slice stalks.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the onion, mushrooms and bok choy stalks; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add bok choy leaves; stir-fry 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with Crispy Noodles
"Great flavors. I did use the cashews instead of crispy rice noodles. I agree with other reviewers that this took way too long to make. Prep was closer to an hour for me, so I doubt I'll be making it again."
"It takes a long time to make this."
"Could not find Bok Choy at our grocers the day I prepared this dish, so substituted celery and spinach. Delicious!! Its definitely a keeper!! Also added some water chestnuts and snowpeas for extra vegetables."
"wasn't a huge fan of the shitake mushrooms next time I will probably it with regular mushrooms"
"Fast, easy, deliscious!"
"I did add roasted cashews. This is an excellent dish."
"easy, economical, and oh, so delicious. My family loves this dish."
"This wasn't our favorite. I was glad I prepped all the veggies the night before. That was a time saver for me."
"Excellent, we just love it. Very easy to prepare."
"This is one of the best meals I have ever had. All the spices and flavors combined to make a gourmet dish. Second time around, I omitted the shrimp and added extra garlic. This would be just as tasty with chicken instead of shrimp. I used twice the broth both times because we like it juicy! Thank you so much to the gentleman who submitted this recipe - we'll be having it often."