Shrimp & Grits Recipe
"We often serve this Carolina Low Country favorite at our family's restaurant, Fresh House, in Albermarle, North Carolina," says Robin Hinson. "I've scaled our jumbo-sized version of the recipe down to feed a family."
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and chicken base to a boil . Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients until blended and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 269 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp & Grits
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"simply delicious and very easy to make"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC