- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash and onion; stir-fry until squash is crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add next six ingredients and, if desired, pepper flakes; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes longer. Top with basil. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp & Corn Stir-Fry
"This was surprisingly good for being seasoned with only some salt and pepper. Light and delicious."
"For a recipe so quick and delicious, it definitely has a lot of flavor. I might experiment with adding more herbs next time. Thank you for sharing!"
"This dish is amazing! It has a wonderful balance of favors and only requires one pan on the stovetop; great for the hot summer without heating up the house. I used grilled/roasted corn which took it over the top!"
"fantastic meal. Was able to get all the ingredients chopped ahead of time then stir fried in order as required so I was not rushed and could do when I was ready. Did not use rice just served as is."
"Fantastic recipe...a definite keeper. With the garlic, it was a sweet veggie shrimp scampi!!!!"
"Daughter and I fixed this together an we both loved it. Husband wasn't wild about it. We chose not to serve it over rice. We just ate it as is. We just didn't need the additional carbs or calories. Daughter wanted to add snow peas, but we didn't have any."
"The three adults in our household really enjoyed this stir-fry; we emptied the wok! It was a delicious way to use everything that's currently ripe in the garden. Now, if I could just plant shrimp..."