Shredded Turkey Sandwiches
From Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, Kathy Nissley suggests, “This is a great recipe for extra chicken or turkey after holiday dinners.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, saute the onion in butter. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Fold in turkey; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 479 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1321mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Bar-B-Q in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006