- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup butter. Stir in the hash browns. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forShredded Potato Casserole
"I had to make some changes due to not having everything. Instead of sour cream, I used a can of cheddar cheese soup. Instead of shredded cheddar cheese, I used mozzarella. Instead of the cornflakes, I topped it with crushed potato chips, Parmesan cheese, and then drizzled the melted butter on top. This was wonderful!!!! I will make it again, with the changes I made."
"I love these potatoes, the recipe is perfect the way it is. I like them much better than scalloped or au gratin potatoes."
"Delicious side dish! I used extra cornflake crumbs and Parmesan because there was too little to save. That was a mistake, I actually ended up with too much topping and had to scrape some off."
"This was a great side dish! Was looking for a different way to prepare potatoes and this was it. I made it exactly as described. Very good!"
"I've made this every year for Christmas since it was published in TOH to go with our Ham. Great recipe, highly recommended."
"This is a great pot luck recipe."
"This is always a great recipe for holidays or anytime. My version calls for cream of onion soup and a finely chopped small onion. You can also use crushed potato chips for the topping. I love all the variations of readers have given us!"