- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 14 hamburger buns, split
- Place roast in a Dutch oven or large kettle. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, celery, onion, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forShredded Pork Sandwiches
"Very easy&tastey, not too sweet"
"Very Very Good!"
"This was a bit blah. It was a nice start but I had to add more flavor."