Shredded Pork Sandwich
These mouthwatering country ribs get tender quickly under pressure. “Mom’s pressure cooker makes things easy for our family of three.”—Anna Minegar, Zollo Springs, Florida.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place the ribs in a pressure cooker; add 4 cups water. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 25 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove ribs with a slotted spoon; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard bones. Shred pork with two forks; add to the sauce. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested at 13 pounds of pressure (psi).
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 378 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Bone Ribs Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home October/November 2005