Shredded Chicken Salad
This special salad is packed with hearty chicken, fresh produce and fantastic flavor. Best of all, it's good for you. So you can enjoy every flavorful bite.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 2/3 cup green onion strips (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, green onion and bean sprouts. Refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 156 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Crunchy Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.