This special salad is packed with hearty chicken, fresh produce and fantastic flavor. Best of all, it's good for you. So you can enjoy every flavorful bite.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 2/3 cup green onion strips (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, green onion and bean sprouts. Refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p38
Reviews forShredded Chicken Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2008
"Your site would be very valuable if one could convert recipes to serve different servings rather than what is indicated"