Shredded Barbecued Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the turkey, water, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 340 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.