Shredded Barbecued Turkey Breast Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the chili sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Dec 11, 2011
I liked it but my other half did not.
Jun 28, 2011
Excellent... I think the poor ratings noted by others were because they used the wrong ingredients. This was tasty and delicious; I will definitely make it again!
Jun 22, 2011
That is way too much chili sauce for our liking. It was too spicy to finish.
Jun 14, 2011
Not very good. It was kind of dry, and not very tasty. Plus I accidentally bought ground turkey, so maybe that affected it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.