Shortcut Strawberry-Vanilla Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; set aside.
- Cut cake into 14 slices. Layer seven cake slices with 2 tablespoons strawberries, 1/3 cup pudding mixture and another cake slice. Top with remaining strawberries and whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 18, 2014
This is my go to recipe when unexpected company drops in during the summer. I always have strawberries, either frozen or fresh on hand. Pudding mix and milk are also always in the fridge. I keep a couple of either homemade pound cakes or frozen ones in my freezer for just such occasions. This is quick and tastes good.
Jun 27, 2013
Great simple and easy recipe to make any time!
Jun 26, 2013
Jan 25, 2013
I used Sugar Free pudding and lite cool whip and it was still yummy. If your looking for a light and refreshing dessert this would work great!
Jun 18, 2012
Simple, easy to make and most importantly delicious. Will definitely make again as all the family liked it.
May 21, 2012
This was great! My family loved this, I will definitely be making this again.
May 29, 2011
This recipe was amazing! My entire family loved it!!!
Feb 22, 2011
This is a really nice cold dessert. The flavors go together well and it's so easy to make since you use a pre-made pound cake. The only change I made was to mix in about 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract into the pudding. My hubby even liked this, and he's not big on dessert at all.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.