Shortcut Split Pea Soup Recipe
"Pair this soup with a simple tossed salad for a well-rounded, nourishing meal that's quick and easy." Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 celery ribs and leaves
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed split pea soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, bouillon granules and thyme to a boil. Thinly slice celery ribs and finely chop the leaves; set leaves aside.
- 2. Add celery ribs and carrots to water mixture; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in the soup, ham and celery leaves; heat through. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 249 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1502mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Shortcut Split Pea Soup
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC