Fresh strawberries, instant pudding and Twinkies make this shortcake fast and flavorful. "Even my son-in-law, who usually doesn't like dessert, enjoys this one," says Jo Smith of Camden, Arkansas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (15 ounces) cream-filled sponge cakes
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional strawberries, halved, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Slice sponge cakes in half lengthwise; place filling side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread pudding over the top.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over pudding. Spread whipped topping over berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 215 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 5, 2011
This was really good. I made it for my nephew's birthday and everyone like it.
May 2, 2009
This is an awesome recipe. It always gets compliments and requests for it at gatherings.