My mother and I have been making this lasagna for more than 15 years. The "shortcut" is not having to cook the noodles first, so it's not only quick and easy, but also delicious. My husband and our three children all love it when we have this for dinner.—Jeannette Anderson, Lake Village, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) vegetable juice
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix and vegetable juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cover the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish with a thin layer of meat sauce. Layer with three lasagna noodles, one-third of the cottage cheese, one-third of the mozzarella cheese and one-third of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 260 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Shortcut Lasagna in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.