- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup coconut-pecan frosting
- Pecan halves or melted semisweet chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cake mix and oats; stir in egg and melted butter. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Press onto bottom and up sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake just until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon frosting. If desired, top with pecans or drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forShortcut Coconut-Pecan Chocolate Tassies
"I would have given these five stars if I didn’t have such a hard time getting them out of the pan. I sprayed the pan with cooking spray. What is the secret to getting them out in one piece? The taste was excellent, but I won’t make them again because of this issue. Any help would be appreciated."