Shortcake for 50
Folks are always impressed to see these individual shortcakes on the buffet table. They're surprisingly easy to make.—Clara Honeyager, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 10-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 8 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2-1/4 cups sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cream and water just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Combine berries and remaining sugar.
- To serve, cut shortcakes horizontally; spoon about 1/3 cup berries and whipped cream on bottom halves. Replace tops; top with another 1/3 cup of berries and additional cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.