Shortbread Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Place ungreased baking sheets in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, press dough into 2-in.-long ribbons on chilled baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Dissolve coffee in hot water; add to creamed mixture and mix until smooth. Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling on the bottom of one cookie; top with another cookie to form a sandwich. Repeat.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off and then in nonpareils. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 207 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
"this is the worst cookies receipe I ever made. I have been making cookies for 40 years and I was very disappointed by this one. First off the dough itself was terrible. Trying to pipe it throught the cookies press was terrible. Finally, when I got some done, they were very brittle and you can't ice them because they break..................Don't try these cookies."