Shortbread Cutout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min.+ chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour until well mixed. Divide dough in two balls; flatten each ball into a 1-in.-thick disc and wrap each in plastic wrap. Dough will be soft. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough at a time to a 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove from the oven and immediately prick cookies randomly with a fork. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Oct 28, 2015
I added 1/2 cup of pecans (finely chopped); you also need to let the dough sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature before rolling and cutting (easier handling). This is a delicious cookie and stays tender in a cookie jar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.