Dress up canned corn with green pepper, cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese for a deluxe side dish. With a butter-flavored cracker coating, this comfort food is sure to disappear in a hurry.—Linda Roberson, Collierville, Tennessee
Featured In: Southern Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and celery in oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and pepper. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Supreme in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p50
Reviews forShoepeg Corn Supreme
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2012
"My husband and I liked this recipe a lot! I couldn't find shoepeg corn so I used white corn instead. Tasted wonderful!"