Shoepeg Corn Supreme
Dress up canned corn with green pepper, cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese for a deluxe side dish. With a butter-flavored cracker coating, this comfort food is sure to disappear in a hurry. —Linda Roberson, Collierville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and celery in oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and pepper. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Supreme in Country Woman Christmas 2010