Shoepeg Corn Supreme
Dress up canned corn with green pepper, cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese for a deluxe side dish. With a butter-flavored cracker coating, this comfort food is sure to disappear in a hurry.—Linda Roberson, Collierville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and celery in oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and pepper. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Supreme in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.